UK BLACK PRIDE ALWAYS NEEDS VOLUNTEERS
There are many ways to get involved in making UK Black Pride 2011 a real success:
- Buy tickets for UK Black Pride 2011.
- Become a sponsor of UK Black Pride … for more info email: pav [at] ukblackpride.org.uk
- Have a stall in the marketplace area… for more info email: info [at] ukblackpride.org.uk
- Run an education or welfare workshop… for more info email: pav [at] ukblackpride.org.uk
- Perform at UK Black Pride…. for more info email: phyll [at] ukblackpride.org.uk
- Volunteer as a steward at the festival… for more info email: khi [at] ukblackpride.org.uk
Download 2011 application forms here:
- UKBP 2011 – Market Stall Terms and Conditions
- UKBP 2011 – Market Stall Booking Form
- UKBP 2011 – Food Stall Questionnaire
What can volunteering for UK Black Pride offer you?
- Free access to the UK Black Pride festival in return for a modest commitment of your time to help at the event.
- The opportunity to get involved in supporting the ethnic and cultural diversity of Britain’s Black LGBT communities.
- A way to learn more about Black LGBT communities and our needs.
- A chance to build new networks, friendships, and celebrate!
- Learn new skills, and share ideas with other volunteers.
- The opportunity to give something back to the Black LGBT community.
What can you offer UK Black Pride?
- Your skills and talents can help us to ensure that we produce a well organised and safe UK Black Pride for all.
- Your valuable time for as little as a day, or all year round.
- Your thoughts and ideas to help us grow and meet tomorrow’s challenges.
- More than 1500 people attended UK Black Pride in 2010. We expect the number of attendees to increase in 2011!
We need your support and assistance in a variety of different areas:
- Assisting at pre-UK Black Pride events
- Various administrative roles
- Stewarding on the day of the event
- Assistance with artists.
- Health and Safety
We know that volunteering can be hard work but we also know that it can be incredibly rewarding work. At UK Black Pride, as an event organised for and by the full diversity of the Black LGBT community, we are a responsible and ethical group of community activists and our commitment to our volunteers is to ensure that there are social events specifically organised for volunteers as well as a strong volunteer benefit package for you to enjoy your day.
For more information and an application form e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org