- UK Black Pride will run in conjunction with London’s Big Pride Picnic in the Park
- Vauxhall Pleasure Gardens will host UK Black Pride’s main stage on Sunday 29 June
UK Black Pride – Europe’s largest community-led, not-for-profit support group for African, Asian, Arab and Caribbean lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans people – invites all interested community groups, voluntary organisations and businesses to apply for stall space at its main event in London Vauxhall’s Pleasure Gardens on Sunday 29 June.
UK Black Pride’s Director for Sponsorship, Pav Akhtar, said: “UK Black Pride is a key part of the Black and LGBT community’s calendar of events. Already this year we have had a really big demand for information stalls space and food stands from organisations within the Black, LGBT and wider community. We want to ensure that everyone has a chance to take part so don’t delay, act today!”
If you wish to register for an information stall or food stand space, please visit the UK Black Pride website and download the booking form which must be returned with appropriate payment to: email@example.com. Remember to book early to avoid disappointment!
To attend the ninth annual UK Black Pride carnival stage festival, which will be an integral part of the Big Pride Picnic in the Park celebrations on Sunday 29 June in London Vauxhall’s Pleasure Gardens, you should just turn up on the day from 12 noon until 9pm. The FREE event will feature a main stage where UK Black Pride will blend live music, politics and poetry to deliver an entertaining, family-friendly, and inclusive festival of community pride. With a disco stage, comedians, sports activities, education and welfare stalls, alongside world food and drink, it is guaranteed that there will be something for all tastes at the event. Join us!
UK Black Pride has a strong identity as a grassroots movement. We believe the most effective way to secure the fight for LGBT equality and inclusion is by opposing all forms of bigotry and putting people and politics before profit. The theme for UK Black Pride 2014 is Local and Global: Love Without Borders. This is a signal of resistance against those seeking to curb LGBT rights and equality from Brunei to India, from Nigeria to Jamaica and the USA. Join us!
Notes for editors:
There are many ways to get involved in making UK Black Pride 2014 a success:
- For UK Black Pride sponsorship enquiries email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For food or information stall bookings in the community area email: email@example.com
- For information about UK Black Pridevisit: Web:www.ukblackpride.org.uk Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/UKBlackPride.org.uk Twitter: @ukblackpride
- For Big Pride Picnic in the Park visit: http://prideinlondon.org/whats-on/2014/pride-picnic-park/
- UK Black Pride is grateful to its sponsors who have helped make this a free event: Platinum: Stonewall Gold: Lewis Silkin LLP Solicitors Silver: Public and Commercial Services union; UNISON, and Unite Bronze: GMB, NASUWT, NUT and Prospect, the TUC; London Friend counselling service; London Pride; UK Lesbian and Gay Immigration Group