Where we are now…
UK Black Pride promotes unity and co-operation among all Black people of African, Asian, Caribbean, Middle Eastern and Latin American descent, as well as their friends and families, who identify as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual or Transgender.
The organisation is committed to producing an annual celebration of “Black Pride”, as well as organising a variety of activities throughout the year in and around the UK which also promote and advocate for the spiritual, emotional, and intellectual health and well-being of all related communities. Our aim is to foster, present and celebrate Black LGBT culture through education, the arts, cultural events and advocacy.
Our plans for the future…
- The Official Annual UK Black Pride Event – We aim to ensure that the annual UK Black Pride festival event will be an inclusive event and we will ensure that we work together with all sections of the UK’s culturally diverse Black LGBT community.
- Social Networking – We will hold social events to allow us to relax meet and socialise in an informal setting, while also supporting members of our community to network and develop social support.
- Community Outreach – We will look at resources available within UK Black Pride to support and give back to the community around us. Through this, we can lift all of us up, to deliver the vision set out by UK Black Pride and positively impact upon the lives of others.
- Advocacy – We aim to raise awareness around the experiences of UK’s Black LGBT community and will advocate and make contributions to the general community from Black LGBT perspectives.
- Growth – UK Black Pride is an organisation that fosters a positive ethos to ensure that Black LGBT talent and achievements are promoted. We will seek to accomplish our vision and in doing so will also attract others who see and want to be a part of this vision.