- UK Black Pride main event to feature carnival-themed music festival and big picnic
- Free event will run from 12noon-10pm on Sun 29 June at Vauxhall’s Pleasure Gardens
Award-winning UK Black Pride – Europe’s largest not-for-profit event for African, Arab, Asian and Caribbean-heritage lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans people – is pleased to announce this year’s FREE-entry event will take place on Sunday 29 June in South London’s Vauxhall Pleasure Gardens as an integral part of the Big Pride Picnic in the Park celebrations. Join us!
With a carnival-themed picnic in the park, UK Black Pride will fuse its distinct blend of live music and politics to deliver an entertaining, family-friendly, community festival of pride. With a jazz and women’s stage, comedians, sports activities, education and welfare stalls, alongside world food and drink, there’s something for everyone at our multicultural pride event! Join us!
As well as the music festival in London Vauxhall’s Pleasure Gardens on Sunday 29 June, UK Black Pride has organised two other events as part of a summer of love. The Black LGBT community cultural arts festival will take place in central London on 16 August and the Black LGBT film festival will take place in central Manchester on 25 October. Join us!
UK Black Pride has a strong identity as a grassroots movement. At our core we believe the most effective way to secure the fight for LGBT equality and inclusion, while opposing all forms of bigotry, is to put people and politics before profit. The theme for UK Black Pride 2014 is Local and Global: Love Without Borders. This is a signal of resistance against those trying to curb LGBT rights and equality from Brunei to India, from Nigeria to Jamaica, and in the USA Join us!
Phyll Opoku-Gyimah, UK Black Pride’s founder and Executive Director, said:
“We’re very excited to share UK Black Pride’s message of love without borders to our community of Black LGBT members whose families hail from all corners of the world. We will inject this international flavour into the heart of the LGBT community during the Pride in London week of celebrations. With our own brand of entertainment and education to promote love without borders we’ll make sure this year’s Big Pride Picnic in the Park is one the entire community can feel part of. UK Black Pride’s summer of love will include something for everyone so come out and join us!”
For more information:
- For UK Black Pride media enquiries email: email@example.com
- For UK Black Pride sponsorship enquiries email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For food or information stall bookings in the community area of UK Black Pride email: email@example.com
- For performance opportunities at UK Black Pride email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For information about UK Black Pridevisit Web: www.ukblackpride.org.uk
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/UKBlackPride.org.uk Twitter: @ukblackpride
- For Big Pride Picnic in the Park visit: http://prideinlondon.org/whats-on/2014/pride-picnic-park/