- UK Black Pride will run in conjunction with London’s Big Pride Picnic in the Park
- Vauxhall Pleasure Gardens will host UK Black Pride’s main stage on Sunday 29 June
UK Black Pride – Europe’s largest community-led, not-for-profit support group for African, Asian, Arab and Caribbean lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans people – seeks volunteers to help deliver its main event in central London on Sunday 29 June.
UK Black Pride’s Director for Sponsorship, Pav Akhtar, said: “UK Black Pride is a key part of the Black and LGBT community’s calendar of events. We’ve been blown away by the support from our community of volunteers in recent years and we want to repeat this again to ensure that our not-for-profit community-led event is a massive success. As well as the fantastic experience, skills development and feel good factor of volunteering for UK Black Pride, we will reward our volunteers as members of the UK Black Pride family by providing free training, refreshments and behind the scenes access to all the artists.”
If you want to register as a volunteer please email: firstname.lastname@example.org The safety of our guests is a paramount concern so all volunteers must commit to attending a short health and safety briefing before the UK Black Pride event. You must also commit not to be under the influence of any (un)prescribed drug or alcohol before or during your voluntary service. All UK Black Pride volunteers will be given a souvenir t-shirt to wear!
The ninth annual UK Black Pride carnival stage festival will be an integral part of Big Pride Picnic in the Park celebrations on Sunday 29 June in London Vauxhall’s Pleasure Gardens from 12 noon until 9pm. The FREE event will feature a main stage where UK Black Pride will blend live music, politics and poetry to deliver an entertaining, family-friendly, and inclusive festival of community pride. With a disco stage, comedians, sports activities, education and welfare stalls, alongside world food and drink. Join us!
UK Black Pride has a strong identity as a grassroots movement. We believe the most effective way to secure the fight for LGBT equality and inclusion is by opposing all forms of bigotry and putting people and politics before profit. The theme for UK Black Pride 2014 is Local and Global: Love Without Borders. This is a signal of resistance against those seeking to curb LGBT rights and equality from Brunei to India, from Nigeria to Jamaica and the USA. Join us!
Notes for editors:
There are many ways to get involved in making UK Black Pride 2014 a success:
- For information about volunteering email: email@example.com
- For information about UK Black Pridevisit: Web:www.ukblackpride.org.uk Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/UKBlackPride.org.uk Twitter: @ukblackpride
- For Big Pride Picnic in the Park visit: http://prideinlondon.org/whats-on/2014/pride-picnic-park/
- UK Black Pride is grateful to its sponsors who have helped make this a free event: Platinum: Stonewall Gold: Lewis Silkin LLP Solicitors Silver: Public and Commercial Services union; UNISON, and Unite Bronze: GMB, NASUWT, NUT and Prospect, the TUC; London Friend counselling service; London Pride; UK Lesbian and Gay Immigration Group